On 5/20/20 11:15 AM, Richard Hughes wrote:
On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 6:58 PM Michel Alexandre Salim
<mic...@michel-slm.name> wrote:
For normal packages, we just set up dnf-automatic to automatically apply
security updates. Would it be possible to flag critical/security
firmware updates so that we can just create a process that automatically
apply these, say on a daily basis, without us having to chase every
single firmware GUIDs?

It's available in the urgency field, no?

└─ThinkPad P50 System Update:
       New version:         0.1.53
       Remote ID:           lvfs
       Licence:             Proprietary
       Size:                9.4 MB
       Created:             2018-09-13
       Urgency:             High
       Vendor:              Lenovo Ltd.

Ah, indeed, thanks! What seems missing is a CLI option to only install updates matching the requested urgency field.

e.g. with DNF you have all these filters:

 --bugfix              Include bugfix relevant packages, in updates
  --enhancement         Include enhancement relevant packages, in updates
  --newpackage          Include newpackage relevant packages, in updates
  --security            Include security relevant packages, in updates
  --advisory ADVISORY, --advisories ADVISORY
Include packages needed to fix the given advisory, in
                        updates
  --bz BUGZILLA, --bzs BUGZILLA
                        Include packages needed to fix the given BZ, in
                        updates
  --cve CVES, --cves CVES
                        Include packages needed to fix the given CVE, in
                        updates
--sec-severity {Critical,Important,Moderate,Low}, --secseverity {Critical,Important,Moderate,Low}
                        Include security relevant packages matching the
                        severity, in updates

If it's reasonable to have such toggles for fwupdmgr, we're happy to send a pull request for it.

Thanks,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
profile: https://keybase.io/michel_slm