On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 03:12:44PM +0200, Marius Schwarz wrote:
> Am 27.05.20 um 08:25 schrieb Artur Iwicki:
> > While I understand the mechanism, I think that this needs to be
> > communicated more clearly. I've been a packager for close to 3 years now
> > and I admit until I read this e-mail I wasn't quite sure whether "no
> > updates after EOL" meant "you can't submit stuff to bodhi", or whether it
> > meant "the updates repo is frozen solid, whatever didn't make it in, well
> > shucks". (As we can see, it's the latter.)
>
> I checked that update in question and it was ready 9 days ago, but
> simply noone cared to give it karma.
>
> I think: To make to work effort acknowlaged, maintainers put into theire
> work, all finished/not failed updates should be send to stable when EOL
> is flipped.

Yeah, I think that'd be better then simply dropping them, if it's
reasonably easy to implement. By releasing those updates we make
things a bit nicer for users who are staying on a
now-slightly-but-as-time-goes-on-more-and-more-so out-of-date release,
and we'd be conserving the work of our packagers. But if it would be a
major hassle for infra or releng, then meh.

Zbyszek