Fabio Valentini wrote on Fri, Jun 05, 2020:
> Sorry for being off-topic, but can you (Jeff) please not respond to
> the mailing list digest and amend the Subject line manually?
> I think it screws up the In-Reply-To (?) header in emails, so every
> new email from you creates a new thread (for clients that support
> this) ...
> Right now, this is the 16th thread for this topic in my inbox. It
> makes it *really really hard* to follow the discussion.

I brought it up to him off-list just a couple of hours ago, he wasn't
aware of it.
The problem comes from digest mails that his mailer (evolution) doesn't
explode correctly to respond with correct in-reply-to header; he said
he'd look into it and hasn't given a new reply to the thread yet but I'm
sure he took it to heart.
(I also suggested getting the message-id from hyperkitty, as its reply
button properly gives it to keep threading, but it's more work than
replying to emails from the comfort of one's mailbox... Getting the
correct message-ids from the digest would be ideal.)

Thanks for bringing it up as well, I should have kept the list in Cc to
avoid multiple requests!

Cheers,
--
Dominique