> I came here with peace. Let's face it. It's always between the two. I
> respect vim and I learned quite some things in vim. But I'm an emacs
> user and I find the original decision between vim and emacs for 'git
> commit' unfair.

Git doesn't use vim by default, it uses vi, and it's got nothing to do with
fairness. vi is specified by the POSIX standard, emacs is not. Using vi as the
default when EDITOR is not set is consistent with POSIX utilities like crontab,
using emacs is not.

https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/vi.html

But this isn't about your preference (emacs) or my preference (vim), or what
POSIX can portably assume is present. Fedora can assume nano is present,
because Fedora controls that and already makes it present.