As a Fedora user I would like to throw my 2 cents in from my personal
experience and say I support this proposal.

I've used btrfs on a home NAS since Fedora 25 (now running F32) without any
issues. The ability to resize the filesystem and change RAID levels has been
super beneficial but the ability to detect bit rot was really the deciding
factor especially when storing valuable files like family photos.

In addition to the home NAS I also run btrfs on my laptops and desktops without
any noticeable performance impact compared to ext4 and XFS. The ability to take
snapshots has been really nice to recover from the accidental mishap like
deleting the wrong file.

---
Kevin Anderson