On Monday, June 29, 2020 11:35:55 AM MST Samuel Sieb wrote:
> On 6/29/20 9:40 AM, Ben Cotton wrote:
>
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/NetworkManager_keyfile_instead_of_i
> > fcfg_rh

> > == Summary ==
> > Change the default settings plugin of NetworkManager so that new
> > profiles will be created in keyfile format instead of ifcfg-rh format.
>

> Is there any easy way to convert profiles from ifcfg-rh to keyfile?

I don't think that'd be a good idea. The Change shows that ifcfg-rh formatted
files will continue to be supported, so it's not required, and there are many
people that only know the ifcfg-rh formatted configuration, such as myself.
Additionally, there's a lot that could go wrong in yanking config files from
one format to the other.

Maybe an alternative option would be to store as a keyfile instead of ifcfg-rh
if modified by one of the NetworkManager dbus clients, but otherwise leave
ifcfg-rh?

--
John M. Harris, Jr.