I just came from Windows 10 not too long ago, and it was the worst computer
experience that I've ever had. Had it since the first week it came out, so glad
that I don't see it anymore. Hope I never see it again. It was really rough
getting my laptop downgraded to Windows 7, since my pc was being remote
controlled to stop me from leaving 10. Had to shut my pc off and lock the BIOS
with a password until I could install Windows 7. While I'm familiar with
Windows 7, I would like to leave Windows behind completely. Currently have a
dual booted system.

Because of the way Windows 10 is, UEFI is the only thing that is accepted (no
Legacy Boot). If I try any other OS on UEFI my laptop can't find the disc
image. It somehow seems to be designed only for Windows 10. Legacy Boot is the
only way that I can run a different OS. Despite factory reseting it and doing a
clean install of Windows 7, I still can't use UEFI at all. My laptop isn't that
old either, (about a year and a half) in fact it was really hard to get my
intel drivers working since Intel doesn't support downgrading with newer
hardware that's designed for Windows 10 from what I can see. I'm new to Linux
and have only recently gotten used to Fedora, but if it goes to where only UEFI
is supported I will have to unfortunately go elsewhere.

While my laptop is 64 bit, I know of a lot of computers that are 32 bit and as
cool as the newest software is not everyone switches over. Some people like to
stay with the same configuration for years. I do feel that large companies want
people to make the switch to the newer stuff, but it just isn't always
practical for some. I don't know any computer programming languages, so I don't
really know if there are inconvieniences to keep Legacy Boot. Anyway, this is
just my take on it.