On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 6:27 PM Lennart Poettering <mzerq...@0pointer.de> wrote:

[snip]

> Please submit additions to the spec as PRs to systemd github. We added
> a number of new keys in the past that sd-boot itself doesn't make use
> of (devicetree and such), and we'd be delighted to add more if they
> make sense and that helps.

Thanks. I'll discuss this with the rest of the bootloader folks and
think how the spec could be extended to cover the remaining cases
where variable expansion is still used for GRUB. The new keys could be
generic and even benefit other bootloaders if they implement these
features at some point (e.g: boot entries protection).

Best regards,
Javier