On Fri, 17 Jul 2020 at 09:34, Christian Heimes <chei...@redhat.com> wrote:

> > Hello!
> >
> > toatal packages: 610
> > passed: 427
> > failed: 176
> >
> > From the failures, there is 29 which passed in the copr before, and now are
> > thus failing
> > from two
> > reasons - unrelated change, or non-intel64-arch failure. I will put this to
> > FTBF bugs for
> > those 29
> > pacakges,
> >

> > In Monday, or as other duties allows I will fill FTBFS bugs for failures
> > with straces and
> > reproduce
> > steps.
> > In default CC will be, me, Severin, decathrope and
> > java-devel(a)lists.fedoraproject.org.
> >
> > Note that during non-sidetag rebuild during fedora 33 branching in start of
> > August,  we
> > can expect
> > some indirect dependencies to fail.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Hi Jiri,
>
> how will a merge of the Java 11 side tag into F33 Rawhide affect Dogtag
> PKI? Dogtag PKI (aka pki-core package) is mostly written on top of the
> Tomcat stack. As far as I know the Dogtag team is still working on Java
> 11 support.
>
> Dogtag is a core component of FreeIPA, which is a one of three major
> features of Fedora Server collection (the other two are modularity and
> Cockpit) [0]. FreeIPA is also part of Fedora's OpenQA effort. It's
> likely that Java 11 update is going to break a core feature of Fedora
> and QA gating for a considerable amount of packages.
>
> Could you please hold of the merge of the side tag and work with the
> Dogtag team to solve the issue?
>
> By the way I see a rebuild of Tomcat in the side tag but there is no
> pki-core build. Why is pki-core missing from the tag? Is it one of the
> FTBFS packages?
>
> $ koji list-tagged f33-java11 | grep tomcat
> tomcat-9.0.36-2.fc33                      f33-java11            jvanek
> tomcat-native-1.2.23-2.fc33               f33-java11            jvanek
> tomcat-taglibs-parent-3-12.fc33           f33-java11            jvanek
> tomcatjss-7.5.0-0.5.fc33                  f33-java11            jvanek
> $ koji list-tagged f33-java11 | grep pki
> <n/a>

pki-core fails to build in the side tag with this error:

  bad class file:
/usr/share/java/tomcatjss.jar(org/apache/tomcat/util/net/jss/IPasswordStore.class)
    class file has wrong version 55.0, should be 52.0
    Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory
of the classpath.

That means that tomcatjss has Java 11 bytecode and I guess pki-core is
trying to use Java 8.

A quick glance at tomcatjss package shows it is built by ant with no
sauce/target level specified at all, which means it is built with Java
11 bytecode by default.

You should fix this by rebuilding tomcatjss with Java 8 bytecode.
Here's an example where I fixed the same problem in another package:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/aopalliance/c/5fdc6912e39fe15fe55cedcc6392847f773d254c

--
Mat Booth
http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora