On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 4:28 pm, Petr Menšík <pemen...@redhat.com> wrote:
nss-dns is allright. All you need to have is dns server with domain
configurable servers.

Those are:
- unbound (with dnssec-trigger autoconfigured)
- dnsmasq
- systemd-resolved
- probably knot-resolver
- bind (not more difficult to reconfigure runtime)

Maybe more. It is not about nss, because /etc/resolv.conf does not
support any domain:server-ip tuples. It would work better with local
cache. resolved is not the only possibility. Just use /etc/resolv.conf
set to localhost and confi

Great, that will work wonderfully for those of us who run our own DNS server and configure it to split DNS as we prefer, and who never use VPNs, and who own zero laptops. For the rest of the world, nss-dns is not alright.