Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> The one actual proposed change is to allow releng to untag builds that
> have already gone out in rawhide composes. This was forbidden by the
> existing policy.

Worded like in the above quote: Finally!

But when I see the actual wording in the proposed changes, I see that we go
from an undocumented policy to never untag packages in Rawhide (at least,
not documented anywhere in the current Update Policy – I think it was
decided in some FESCo meeting and never actually codified in the
documentation) to a documented policy to almost never untag packages in
Rawhide ("it will normally not be untagged"), only "in exceptional cases",
which is very open to interpretation.

Hence, I disagree with the wording in the new policy and still ask for the
"Rawhide must never go backwards in EVR" policy to be completely overturned,
not just softened with exceptions. There is simply no rationale for it, with
distro-sync being a thing, and considering that updates-testing, which is
supposed to be *more* stable than Rawhide, *can* actually go backwards in
EVR (and that's a good thing).

        Kevin Kofler