On Thursday, 19 November 2020 at 21:46, Erich Eickmeyer wrote:
> On 11/19/20 12:32 PM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > I don't know how Matrix works exactly...
> Then I suggest educating yourself. Go to element.io and check it out.

So I did and it's not that different from IRC from an end-user
perspective. Instead of channels, you have rooms and users can be either
unregistered or registered, just like on IRC. Rooms can be public or only
for registered users, same as on IRC. The only user-visible difference
I found so far is the chat history persistence. This can be either good
or bad, depending on your point of view. So... I don't really see the
advantage here.

Oh and it's extremely slow compared to IRC.

> If you don't know what it is or how it works, then why chime-in? That adds
> nothing to the conversation if you don't know what you're talking about.

I used the information provided by other participants in this thread,
assuming they were factually correct. Was I mistaken?

Regards,
Dominik
--
Fedora   https://getfedora.org  |  RPM Fusion  http://rpmfusion.org