Hi all,

For short, NO! I want to be able to shutdown pipewire in order to get instant
ALSA access.

This was a real pain until pulseaudio recognized what they need to do:

systemctl --user stop pulseaudio
systemctl --user stop pulseaudio.socket
killall pulseaudio

If you want real low latency you won't do any additional layer on top of
ALSA.

Further, my application provides some functional integration tests.

http://nongnu.org/gsequencer

just run:

./configure --enable-run-functional-tests
make
make check

Alternatively you can run against installed libraries:

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-run-functional-tests
make
make ags-integration-functional-test

Or to run in parallel using xvfb-run:

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-run-functional-tests
make
make ags-parallel-integration-functional-test

Didn't look at pipewire, yet. Finally, please consider to shutdown the
process completely as desired.

regards,
Joël