I'm strongly against change master to main , just because master
suggest that is a racist word as master/slave, is like change chess and
play not with black and white pieces but maybe with green and blue .
This change will deprecate all I.T. books since Turing machine and it
will be just a big a mess, first because we don't have a unanimous
name, so here it will be main, in other place will be devel etc etc it
will be a big confusion
And I don't see any benefit, words will always be words and their
meaning is given by the context.

Sérgio M. B.