On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 2:22 PM Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmas...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 3:30 PM Christopher <ctubb...@fedoraproject.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > Even if people don't agree that "main" is better for other reasons,
> surely people can agree that "rawhide" is much better than "master"
>
> I disagree, my opinion is that main is better than
> master, and master is better than rawhide.
>
> One should not try to put words in others mouths
> (that is not being respectful of others opinions),
> but only offer their own opinion as an opinion.

I've never heard the phrase "surely X" used as anything other than as a
mechanism to propose a hypothesis based on the speaker's current beliefs
and presented for others to challenge (which you have done, and I stand
corrected). I've definitely never heard it used as disrespect or as
speaking for others. So, I'm surprised you seem to have taken offense at
that. But, I'm sorry for my intentions not being more clear, and thank you
for your response that demonstrated my hypothesis to be false.

I'm surprised by your opinion, and wonder how prevalent it is, but I
appreciate the correction nevertheless. I now know that we cannot all agree
that "rawhide" is better. *shrugs*