On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 10:18 AM Vít Ondruch <vondr...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder, what would be the sentiment if I proposed to deprecated the
> `fedpkg local` command. I don't think it should be used. Mock should be
> the preferred way. Would there be anybody really missing this functionality?

I would greatly miss this functionality. Outside of the obvious speed
benefits of skipping mock setup, the bigger issue is various new
buildreqs get brought into packages, and comparing fedpkg local to
fedpkg mockbuild results are a great way to see if those buildreqs are
required, and what the impact is on the build with and without them.
Sure, I can just run rpmbuild commands by hand, but I have gotten used
to and appreciate the simplicity of fedpkg local.

Justin