On Wed, Feb 03, 2021 at 05:50:30PM +0100, Petr Šplíchal wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Feb 2021 at 17:42, Petr Lautrbach <plaut...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Petr Lautrbach <plaut...@redhat.com> writes:

> > > The page says "This Change will move many repositories (see below) to
> > > use a "main" branch as default." and "Not every namespace on dist-git
> > > has a rawhide version. For example: containers do not have/use rawhide.
> > > And having different default branches on different namespaces is not
> > > very appealing."
> > >
> > > Now we have https://src.fedoraproject.org/tests/selinux/ with default
> > > branch "rawhide". "rawhide" doesn't make sense in this repo as it
> > > contains tests used on all Fedora versions and also downstream Red Hat
> > > Enterprise Linux.
> > >
> > > Have I missed something?
> > >
> > > Petr
> >
> > I've tried to change it on my own:
> >
> > 1. create and push new branch "real-main"
> > 2. set "real-main" as default branch
> > 3.
> >     ^&^ git push origin :rawhide
> >     remote: Branch deletion is not allowed
> >     remote: Denied push for ref 'refs/heads/rawhide' for user 'plautrba'
> >     remote: All changes have been rejected
> >     To ssh://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/tests/selinux.git
> >      ! [remote rejected]           rawhide (pre-receive hook declined)
> >     error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://
> > pkgs.fedoraproject.org/tests/selinux.git'
> >
> > 4. remove alias main -> rawhide at
> > https://src.fedoraproject.org/tests/selinux/settings#gitbranch-tab
> >
> > pagure reports: "Alias deleted"
> >
> > 5. refresh the setting page
> >
> > 6. Alias "main" is still there
> > https://src.fedoraproject.org/tests/selinux/settings#gitbranch-tab
> >
> > what now? revert changes back to misleading "rawhide"? use "master" as
> > it's directly referenced in tests we use in Red Hat and solve strange
> > default branch name later?
> >

> In addition to fixing the "rawhide" name, would it be possible to provide a
> temporary symlink "master --> main"? At least in the fedora tests
> namespace? As Petr mentioned, we have a bunch of tests which are referenced
> using "master". All those tests are now broken. It would help us a lot if
> there would be a 1-2 month transition period during which both "master" and
> "main" would work until we fix the configs and tools, and get packages
> released. Thanks.
>
> psss...

Hey, could you wait until we have finished even?

We can get this sorted out, but everyone trying to push their own fixes
is just going to confuse things. :)

So, sorry first off that I misread what was agreed to, I thought we
agreed to move everything (except flatpaks).

So, from this I get that we should move tests from rawhide to 'main'.

I'd really prefer not to do a master symref, but I suppose we could, as
long as we have a definite deadline to remove it.

I'll look and see if we can get this done.

kevin