On Tue, Mar 09, 2021 at 10:37:02AM -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 9:33 am, Ben Cotton <bcot...@redhat.com> wrote:
> >Fedora is made of people! When used by itself, the term "Fedora"
> >refers to the Fedora Project. When referring to our work, please
> >use either a specific name like <i>Fedora Workstation</i>,
> ><i>Fedora Linux</i> to refer to the OS distribution as a whole.
>
> This effort is never going to be successful because "Fedora Linux"
> requires twice as much typing as "Fedora."

_This_ change doesn't depend on changing anyone's typing habits at all; no
one has to type anything except me in making the PR and the releng package
owner in accepting that PR.

And on the overall effort... I know people who (still) call Microsoft Word
"Microsoft". We don't need to reach 100% compliance (or any other metric) to
be an improvement. (I do ask people to consider it in official
communications, though, and I don't think it's too onerous of a request
there either, as we are already careful about wording and brand usage in
such communications.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>