Hello:

Miro Hrončok wrote on 2021/04/01 6:45:
On 31. 03. 21 21:52, Ben Cotton wrote:
* Strict checking for unpackaged content in builds
* Many existing packages will fail to build due to the stricter
buildroot content checking. Fixing this in the packaging is always
backwards compatible. We could temporarily set
`%_unpackaged_files_terminate_build 0` in rawhide to alleviate initial
impact if necessary.

This is my main concern with this update.

tl;dr If you %exclude something and there is no other subpackage to own the
files, the build fails:

This fails:

   %install
   touch %{buildroot}/foo %{buildroot}/bar

   %files
   /
   %exclude /foo

As the files Miro has attached shows, this affects not a few rubygems related
packages. Many rubygems related packages has: %exclude %gem_cache .

Regards,
Mamoru