Dne 01. 04. 21 v 0:54 Mamoru TASAKA napsal(a):
Hello:

Miro Hrončok wrote on 2021/04/01 6:45:
On 31. 03. 21 21:52, Ben Cotton wrote:
* Strict checking for unpackaged content in builds
* Many existing packages will fail to build due to the stricter
buildroot content checking. Fixing this in the packaging is always
backwards compatible. We could temporarily set
`%_unpackaged_files_terminate_build 0` in rawhide to alleviate initial
impact if necessary.

This is my main concern with this update.

tl;dr If you %exclude something and there is no other subpackage to own the files, the build fails:

This fails:

   %install
   touch %{buildroot}/foo %{buildroot}/bar

   %files
   /
   %exclude /foo

As the files Miro has attached shows, this affects not a few rubygems related
packages. Many rubygems related packages has: %exclude %gem_cache .

Just FTR, as a Ruby maintainer and gem2rpm maintainer, I am well aware of this change and believe me or not, I support the intention, mainly because it avoids unintentional side-effects.

However, so far I have not figured alternative (should be probably read as elegant) way to do this. Maybe we should generate some file lists for the packages and remove the selected files from the FS as well as from the file list. Dunno.

Vít