On 31. 03. 21 21:52, Ben Cotton wrote:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/RPM-4.17

== Summary ==
Update RPM to the [https://rpm.org/wiki/Releases/4.17.0  4.17] release.

== Owner ==
* Name: [[User:pmatilai|Panu Matilainen]]
* Email: [pmati...@redhat.com]

== Detailed Description ==
RPM 4.17 contains numerous improvements over previous versions
* More robust install failure handling
* Many macro improvements, in particular much improved Lua integration
* Strict checking for unpackaged content in builds
* Libraries no longer need executable permission for dependency
generation and is automatically removed for non-executable libraries
* Long needed transaction APIs enhancements
* Improved documentation

Panu,
in case this was lost in the enthusiastic discussion about the behavior of %exclude, I just wanted to say that I am very exited about all the other new stuff in this release, particularly the Lua stuff.

Thanks!

--
Miro Hrončok