Vít Ondruch kirjoitti 24.9.2021 klo 11.13:
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/package-maintainers/Package_Update_Guide/#multiple_packages

Shouldn't it be somehow aligned with this ^^ chapter? Maybe the chapter should be referenced at least, because it explains how to request the side tag.

The difference between these two sections is that one is under "Rawhide and early branched", the other "Later Branched and stable releases". Currently, one prescribes a side tag and the other, a buildroot override. Probably one could just refer to the other, or both refer to another place.

Pointing to the Rawhide Gating page for instructions is fine, but I wonder would it actually be better to do it the other way, describe the process correctly in Package Maintainer Docs and link there from the Rawhide Gating page, which, judging from its title, has quite narrow scope.

There is also the page "Using the Koji build system" [1] which recommends yet another solution: section "Chained builds". What about those, what are they useful for?

Otto

[1]: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/package-maintainers/Using_the_Koji_Build_System/