For what it's worth...

I use the OpenJDK on Fedora and I'm very happy with it.Β  I do not use or need eclipse, or as fast as I can tell, any of the other tooling (e.g. packaged gradle and other things).Β  My main uses are playing games that depend on Java and are packaged and built outside the Fedora toolchain.Β  (One is minecraft, the other is called Megamek, a simulator for the tabletop war game Classic BattleTech.Β  minecraft...doesn't need to be built and megamek builds with gradle, which it knows how to download.)Β  It hurts a bit to see posts like what were at the top of this thread - clearly Fabio and others have invested many hours into making a great experience for people, and I hate to see people feel that effort is wasted or that they're burning out.

I would like to thank those who have contributed to the Fedora java stack.Β  Maybe my case is unusual?Β  It meets my needs and I expect it will continue to.

Thanks,

Marty