On Sat, Oct 2, 2021 at 2:48 AM Mattia Verga via devel <
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Recently I've started seen a strange behavior of dnf while downloading
> RPMs updates: some packages are downloaded at the usual speed of my
> connection (ca. 10MBps), while other packages, in the same transaction,
> shows really slow download speed (<100KBps).
>
> Does dnf uses different mirrors to download package updates in the same
> transaction? Is there a way to show the mirror dnf downloads the updates
> from? Running dnf in verbose mode doesn't show any clue.

Yes AFAIK. I've occasionally had slow downloads for a long time (years) and
chalked it up to a slow mirror, but now that you mention it it does "feel"
like it's happening more frequently lately.

Also (and my memory may be faulty here), I believe with yum you could
"ctl-c" once during a slow download and it would find attempt a new
download (presumably from another mirror) but this doesn't work with dnf.

Thanks,
Richard