Hello,

On Monday, November 15, 2021 11:02:08 AM EST Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> Le lun. 15 nov. 2021 à 16:06, Steve Grubb <sgr...@redhat.com> a écrit :
>
> > I use the negativio repository only because I need the whole cuda stack
> > including cudnn.
>
> Totally undeeded, you can get rpmfusion+nvidia-cuda repository
> directly and avoid incompatible repository.
> https://rpmfusion.org/Howto/CUDA

I used to do that. But the problem is that one day out of the blue, you do a
system update, get new video drivers, and now it's incompatible with the cuda
layer. Then you find out that nvidia doesn't package things right. They
include the version number in the name. This means you have to remove
everything, download new packages, and reinstall.

It's much simpler to use a repository that keeps everything in sync so that
your projects don't unexpectedly refuse to run.

-Steve