On Mon, Nov 29 2021 at 04:42:18 PM -0500, Matthew Miller <mat...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
Nope! The Packit Service bot works just like a human packager and syncs
back changes other packagers have made.

Well that would be what I was missing. I guess this should be much less controversial, then, if it's OK for people to just continue using dist-git forever and completely ignore src-git? Nobody is ever required to use something other than dist-git to contribute changes to Fedora packages that use src-git? It's smart enough to not break src-git if I commit new patches to a package via dist-git?

Michael