On Sat, 2022-02-05 at 07:31 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2022-8e3a84510b
>
> It's really unclear why this Rawhide update isn't just being tagged
> into Rawhide.  Single builds don't go through this complicated
> process.

Bodhi's UI isn't the clearest for big multi-package updates, but it is
shown. On the right hand side you should see "1 of 1 required test
results missing", among a flood of "no tests are required": that's the
problem. On the "Automated Tests" tab, if you scroll through and look
for a black star, you'll see it next to the "fedora-ci.koji-
build.tier0.functional" results for virt-top-1.1.1-3.fc36 , with a
little red question mark that shows "ABSENT" if you hover over it -
this is the required test (that's what the black star indicates) and
"ABSENT" means that it didn't *fail*, rather, it didn't *run at all*.
That may be because it's skipped if the installability test fails
(which it did), I'm not sure.

That test is required because it's specified in virt-top's gating.yaml:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/virt-top/blob/rawhide/f/gating.yaml

There's been some recent discussion on the ci@ list about making the
output from the generic test results more readable. I'm not sure why
installability is failing in this case, as you say, "Condition
'ip_ready' failed to pass within given time" seems to indicate a test
system issue. You could try the "re-trigger tests" button, which should
cause CI to re-run the failed tests.

I'm planning to file some tickets or maybe send some PRs to make it
more obvious what's going on in Bodhi's UI for cases like this, but
hadn't got the roundtuits yet...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA