On Sat, Feb 12, 2022 at 10:29:54AM +0000, Mattia Verga via devel wrote:
> Il 11/02/22 20:24, Kevin Fenzi ha scritto:

> >> I suppose "logging" means that src.fedoraproject.org has no knowledge
> >> about that user... so that user never pushed any commit / PR / comment.
> > I don't think just pushing a commit would log you into pagure. You need
> > to login to the web interface for it to create/refresh your account.
> > PR's and comments would definitely, but just pushing commits would not.
> >
> mmm... I suppose that, even if a user only uses CLI to push a commit,
> pagure needs to verify its credentials and associates the commit to the
> user in the web UI... so pagure MUST know about the user in its database.

I was going to say that only packagers have a shell account on src.fp.o and
should thus be allowed to push, but I've quickly checked the code and you are
correct, in order to determine if an user is allowed to push to a specific
package, we check their access level in pagure's database (ie: are they a
package admin? committer? collaborator?), so I don't think a packager that has
never logged in on src.fp.o would be allowed to push a commit.

Pierre