On 2/22/22 1:19 AM, Mattia Verga via devel wrote:
Il 21/02/22 22:09, Fabio Valentini ha scritto:
Hi!
I would recommend that you use the standard source handling as
documented on the SourceURL page.
The forge macros are no longer actively maintained or developed, the
last fix / update they received was almost two years ago.
The original author is no longer contributing to Fedora, and nobody
else seems to understand how the lua scripts behind those macros work.

So, shall we remove the reference to %forgemeta macros from the
Packaging Guidelines?

I'd like to have only one recommended way to make things listed in PG.
Having more is confusing for new packagers (and experienced also).

The same applies for %autorelease and %autochangelog. Either recommend
the use of them or not, instead of saying "pick what you like". It seems
to me that these two were adopted in a hurry, but now the development
has almost stopped...

Mattia

I would like to see the forge macros removed from the guidelines if development truly has ceased. I just switched a bunch of stuff I build on copr over, and am now moderately annoyed. Out of date documentation is often worse than no documentation.