On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 9:45 AM Colin Walters <walt...@verbum.org> wrote:

> Long term if Bugzilla slowly morphs into only being used by Fedora,
> personally I'd prefer to have bugs/issues in gitlab instead.

I'm not sure how active the use of Red Hat Bugzilla is outside of the
distribution space. I have no concerns about Bugzilla being yanked
away from underneath us, but this does give us an opportunity to
evaluate what we want in a bug tracker and whether or not Bugzilla
meets the needs of the Fedora Project in 2022. Later this year, I'll
be conducting a survey to see what features we want from a bug tracker
so that we can start thinking about what best suits our needs.

To be clear: this is not a "we're moving off of Bugzilla next year"
statement. It's a "let's use this opportunity to make sure what we're
doing works for us" statement. I am not concerned about Red Hat
Bugzilla going away in the near- or medium-term. And perhaps not even
in the long-term (although nothing lasts forever).

I guess what I'm saying for now is let's not spend time speculating
about what might happen or making rushed plans to move our bug
tracking. I know that's not what Colin is doing, I just want to
preempt the discussion. Look for a survey sometime after the F36 final
release.

--
Ben Cotton
He / Him / His