laolux laolux via devel wrote:
> I am willing to throw away my still working notebook, producing a little bit
> electronic waste when the time comes.

I'm not. It remains to be seen how long Fedora will continue to work on
my ten-year-old laptop, but when the time comes I will not trash it and
buy a new one. Unless the hardware breaks first, I'll install some other
distribution when the laptop is no longer welcome in Fedora. I'll
probably go with Debian, which is usually good with not quite brand new
hardware. This may reduce my ability and motivation to contribute to
Fedora.

I use this laptop to develop and test performance measurement tools. It
handles build jobs, testsuites and virtual machines just fine. The days
when a three-year-old computer was too slow to be useful are long gone.

Björn Persson