> Am 07.04.2022 um 21:56 schrieb Ben Cotton <bcot...@redhat.com>:
>
> == Detailed Description ==
>
> .... In particular the `vesa` and `fbdev`
> drivers can find themselves pressed into use when accelerated graphics
> is unavailable.

I miss or probably don’t understand what will happen when "accelerated graphics
is unavailable" after these drivers will be removed, in cases they are
currently in use.

And I miss any analysis of to what extent and for what these drivers are
currently used. And who and how many will be negatively affected? Who and how
many will we bitterly disappoint with this? And how does this affect our
reputation as a (hopefully) reliable and usable distribution for everyone
(which is one of our stated goals).

It is not purely a technical issue. We have (desktop) users to care about!

And until the above issues are resolved, I am opposed to this change.

Myself, I am one of those who left Fedora Desktop with the arrival of Gnome 3.
Another example of a change, that had a huge negative impact on us as a
distribution. Since then I only, but extensively, use Fedora headless server.
In this respect, I am happy with a serial terminal functionality. But it would
be really nice if graphical Anaconda would continue to work on whatever strange
graphics hardware is installed in a server.