On 27. 04. 22 17:53, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 5:08 AM Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com> wrote:

On 27. 04. 22 10:36, Joe Orton wrote:
On Thu, Apr 07, 2022 at 12:47:25PM -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
On Thu, Apr 7, 2022 at 12:24 PM Ben Cotton <bcot...@redhat.com> wrote:
== Detailed Description ==

RPM 4.18 contains various improvements over previous versions, but in
particular this release addresses a whole class of symlink handling
related security issues, some with CVE's, from 2021. Other notable
improvements include
* A more intuitive conditional builds macro `%bcond`

I looked this up[1] because it caught my attention. This is an
extremely welcome change and I would like to shower praise upon
everyone who worked on it.

Big +1 from me too, this is so good to see.  Thanks Panu & all.

I like this so much I've opened Fedora 36 and 35 backports:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/redhat-rpm-config/pull-request/182
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/redhat-rpm-config/pull-request/183

Will also try to see if this is technically possible in c9s.

It should be possible to put it in epel-rpm-macros at the worst, no?
(Related: can we get a backport to EPEL 8 and EPEL 9?)

What I've meant by "technically possible": Does the RPM version in EL 9 support the syntax used in the macro?

If it does, it can go to EPEL 9 and even to c9s eventually, if accepted. If it doesn't, we might need to use a different syntax which would require more work. This also applies to EL 8, but I suspect even more problems there.

--
Miro Hrončok