Am 28.06.22 um 14:51 schrieb Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek:
On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 02:41:42PM +0200, Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:

It certainly is not true that the feedback was not considered by FESCo:
there was a long discussion on IRC, and FESCo members also participated in
the mailing list thread.

Yet, the outcome is diametrically opposed to the mailing list consensus.

I don't think it makes sense to restart the discussion here. I disagree

And I disagree with you.

This decision is such kind of harmful to Fedora, this decision should be reverted. This decision communicates the attitude of FESCO not caring about security, maintainablity and further related topics.

Personally, I see a lot of value in having Java packaged
for Fedora, and use it for my stuff.

So do I, but this doesn't invalidate the the thought of "bundling" and "static linkage" being a prime security risk.

Ralf