On Sat, Jul 02, 2022 at 11:54:17AM -0500, Maxwell G via devel wrote:
> On Saturday, July 2, 2022 10:01:18 AM CDT Michael Catanzaro wrote:
>
> > This is an extremely common problem in Fedora: the de facto maintainer
> > is not the main admin, and so the bugs are assigned to the wrong
> > person. Ideally we would automatically orphan a package if the main
> > admin does not have any commits to the package for a certain period of
> > time, e.g. three years.
>
> It would help if other people besides the main admin could change the
> Bugzilla
> assignee. After all, if the main admin is non-responsive, it's going to be
> difficult to get them to do it.

I'm not sure the main admin matters as much as this thread indicates?
All the other maintainers of the package are CC'ed, in this case
belegdol.

> > To avoid being removed you could simply push an
> > empty commit.
>
> The problem with empty commits is that they cause a release bump when
> rpmautospec is used which probably isn't desired. I guess this isn't the end
> of the world.
>
> There are also some packages which legitimately haven't been updated upstream
> in three years.

This has been discussed a number of times in the past, most recently the
discussion caused a policy to remove inactive provenpackagers.

In any case I don't think setting needinfo on someone who is not working
on your bug will help much. Most likely they would ignore the needinfo
as well or show up and tell you they don't have cycles to work on the
bug and clear it.

More effective would likely be refiling upstream and seeing if they
could address it. all IMHO.

kevin