On Fri, 2022-07-08 at 17:59 +0200, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote:
> On 08/07/2022 17:48, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > That's not what that story says. It says you can't charge for them.
> >
> > Additionally, Microsoft says[1] the intent is not to stop F/OSS
> > developers from charging for their own software, but to stop others
> > passing off for a profit. I agree that the current proposed wording is
> > at least ambiguous, but it would seem reasonable to see if Microsoft
> > updates it as they say they will.
>
> They dropped Krita. Check out Krita's developer comment[1].

Um. That comment does not say that "they dropped Krita".

> A lot of OSS application uses Microsoft Store for donations.

A donation is voluntary, and would not be affected by the policy. If
you mean lots of OSS applications put paid versions on store fronts to
try and get some income, sure, this is true, but that is not at all
what you originally claimed.

>  Now they
> will be forced to become free or disappear from the Store.

You're ignoring the part about Microsoft saying that's not the intent
of the policy and that they would change it, but if that didn't happen,
potentially yes. But this is still not what you claimed. You claimed -
direct quote - "last week they decided to kill all OSS applications
from the Microsoft Store".

>  The GPL
> doesn't prohibit selling if you provide the source code to customers.

Indeed it doesn't. How is that relevant?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA