On Wed, 20 Jul 2022 16:48:02 +0200
Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 15. 07. 22 23:48, Ben Cotton wrote:
> > == Summary ==
> > Move the minimal architecture level for IBM Z hardware (the s390x
> > architecture) to z13 to benefit from the new features and better
> > performance in the newer CPU.
>
> I suppose, considering the mass rebuild is today, that this change only makes
> sense for Fedora 38. Or do we really want to change this without rebuilding
> everything?

it still makes sense to me, we can change default in the kernel, next
glibc build will pick it, so the majority of the perf improvements will
be available. And if something should go wrong (although I don't expect
that), then the individual package builds will get the change and it
will be easier to fix them incrementally, rather having a big(er) batch
from the rebuild at once.

                Dan