On 9/1/22 4:25 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
Let me rephrase, is the mingw package going to be built on ALL arches with the expectation that they are the same (like -data packages)? If so, that seems like a huge waste of resources.

The MinGW packages would build on all arches. I believe the original designation of 'noarch' is due to the cross-compile aspect as you can build these on any arch and that end users would only use them for development and not runtime. That has changed recently now that Wine builds most of itself as Windows PE binaries and depends on .dll files from mingw32/64 packages.

If you want this to change then you'll need to start with the Packaging Guidelines. Sandro may have his own opinion on it, too.