https://pagure.io/releng/issue/11047

> - migrating existing users to the new container image based updates

(No tracker yet)

https://github.com/coreos/rpm-ostree/issues/2883

https://github.com/coreos/rpm-ostree/issues/405

> I feel like we'd have a more cohesive discussion if we tried to break this up
> into smaller pieces so we can have a more focused discussion.

These links were already mostly in the proposal, but I've added them again here
for convenience.

> As written this proposal is hard to swallow.

Two things:

- This proposal is explicitly trying to tie everything together.  I think
without the "bigger picture", it's actually *more* confusing.  For example,
just pushing the container images does little unless we invest in them as a
derivation source and build tooling and docs around them.
- At a very practical level, I find context switching in Mediawiki syntax to be
rather tedious.  I'd prefer to discuss the individual sections in the already
extant tracker issues that accept Markdown and have a well-understood and used
discussion mechanism.  (Or of course, email here)

But you're certainly not wrong, it *is* a big proposal.  Happy to make changes,
I'm mainly just saying there already are dedicated sub-proposal trackers to
discuss the details of those.