Greetings,

Sometime within the next week, I'll be updating wlroots in rawhide to 0.16.0[1] and sway to the latest release candidate. As usual, the update contains API/ABI breaking changes and soname will be bumped to libwlroots.so.11. wlroots0.15 compatibility package will be introduced in the same side-tag.

No breakages are expected and no action is required from the maintainers of dependent packages.

I'll send another notice with a side-tag id to unblock the updates that already require 0.16 (currently only labwc) when it's ready.

***

I'm also planning to update wlroots in f37 once 0.16.1 is available.
There are a plenty of bug fixes and some important security features (ext-session-lock-v1) that, I believe, should not require waiting another 6 months for f38.

Sway will likely not be included in the initial f37 update, but may follow later when it gets sufficient testing.

[1]: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wlroots/wlroots/-/releases/0.16.0

--
Best regards,
Aleksei Bavshin