On Sat, Apr 22, 2023 at 1:24 AM Benson Muite <benson_mu...@emailplus.org> wrote:

> Thanks, this is helpful. Can you make the scripts/programs you used for
> these available to allow for a more detailed analysis?

No, because I literally went to each page of the archives and copied
the numbers into a spreadsheet. If you want to do a more in-depth
analysis, you can download the mbox archive file.

On Sat, Apr 22, 2023 at 12:28 PM Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbys...@in.waw.pl> wrote:

> Could we have the same graph for discourse (and Fedora telegram and Fedora
> matrix)? It'd be interesting to see what percentage of active communicating
> users are active on the mailing list.

I can't provide that, but someone could do that analysis. The hard
part would be mapping the email addresses to Fedora accounts,
especially as those may have changed over the years (and there are
theoretically people on this list who don't have a Fedora account at
all).

That speaks to some of the questions that come from the quick graphs I
did: how many mailing list threads are of the zero-engagement
announcement variety, versus active discussion? And what's the
distribution of threads for users? Do most people reply to one or two
threads and a handful reply to dozens?

--
Ben Cotton
He / Him / His