> So ... what happens when the switch to the "new" Notifications app
> happens? Are the same "defaults" that are configured for the IRC
> delivery mechanism in the "old" Notifications app applied to all
> users, or does everybody start with a "blank slate", i.e. will I need
> to manually create new filters to keep getting the same notifications
> I currently get?

Everybody starts with a blank slate. We thought it was preferrable to having
users suddenly get notifications they didn't expect.

> What will happen to email notifications? They appear to be "enabled"
> in the "old" Notifications app but I never get any email notifications

Email notifications should work with the new app, but you're totally free to
not enable email in your notification destinations (it's a per-rule setting).

Thanks for the feedback!

A.