Aurelien Bompard wrote:
> > I see only a blank page. So it has strict requirements for which
> > Javascript runners can be used to run it, then?
>
> Yes, the UI is written in javascript (Typescript with Vue.js to be precise).
> We should probably add a noscript tag to make that clearer.

I won't see that. I have whitelisted Javascript from fedoraproject.org,
so my browser will ignore the content of noscript and try to run the
Javascript program. But the program requires something that my browser
doesn't have, so nothing is displayed.

The new FMN is far from alone. These demanding Javascript programs are
becoming ever more common, and I can no longer avoid all of them. None
the less it's frustrating each time I have to start another browser and
cope with a worse user interface to run one of those programs.

A locally installed program would have a file header specifying the
executable format, or a shebang specifying which interpreter to use,
and RPM dependencies would ensure that the correct interpreter is
installed. For a web program there's no way to specify in the URL which
Javascript interpreter shall be used to run the program, so I have to
figure out and remember when I have to start the browser for demanding
Javascript programs and when I can use the browser with the stable and
sensible user interface.

Björn Persson