On 2023-06-21 13:06, Philip Wyett wrote:
https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/furthering-evolution-centos-stream
I see an impasse here. Why contribute to fedora when Red Hat will lock it down
in other products?

I don't think this is a major change from the status quo.

In the past, Red Hat has published a subset of the git repositories used to create RHEL.  They have published spec and patches used to create the current minor release of each major, but nothing from the EUS or SAP support periods.  That is, they haven't published any updates to any branch other than the latest branch they publish.  There is only one available branch at any time.

Now that Stream is available, the same thing is (apparently) true.  At least, as best as I understand their announcement. There will be just one available branch, and that branch will contain the spec and patches used to create the latest packages.