I'm a Red Hat employed engineer, working on all Fedora, CentOS Stream and RHEL.
This is what each means for me in particular (but should also be
applicable in general) in practice:

* RHEL - only when I'm bound by some legal requirement (embargo, etc.)
I do work 'RHEL only' (not visible in CentOS stream).
   In practice, such work is expected to be seen in CentOS Stream once
the legal barrier falls / expires.

* CentOS Stream - all work (except abovementioned) for RHEL is done here.
   The code has been available here (for 2 years already for C9S):
https://gitlab.com/redhat/centos-stream/
    Are you missing anything? (codebase-wise)
    This means my work on RHEL is visible unlike ever before. Open to
submissions via merge requests
    Also merge requests where I develop changes are open to
examination during my development of them. (unlike anytime before)

* Fedora - unlike RHEL or CentOS, this is the place where I can
develop new features.
  I don't have this space downstream.
  So tuning packaging, trying out various enhancements, adopting big
upstream changes, packing latest greatest upstream releases.
  All that will be branched to form a new RHEL one day. This is the
only way for me to introduce big changes.
  As I see it, both RHEL and Fedora profit from that to maximum.

And I don't expect this relationship to go away anytime soon.

However I might have misunderstood the core of this discussion.

--

Michal Schorm
Software Engineer