On Wed, 2023-06-28 at 04:23 -0600, Jonathan Steffan wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 28, 2023 at 12:52 AM Adam Williamson <adamw...@fedoraproject.org>
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2023-06-27 at 17:59 -0600, Jonathan Steffan wrote:
> > > The Koji integration leaves many things to be desired. I've had to dig
> > far
> > > more than needed for osbuildimage stuff.
> >
> [...]
>
> > > Maybe I'm just using it wrong, but I've not found a different way.
> >
> > For compose debugging I don't think this part would be terrible in
> > practice, most of the time.
> >
> > https://pagure.io/releng/failed-composes/issues
>

> I'm glad there is something better than what I'd found. I'm not
> necessarily trying to debug composes, just find them and use/test them as
> needed. If something like this continued after changing to osbuildimage
> tasks, that would work.

composetracker works at a level where the nature of the task doesn't
exactly matter - it works off pungi metadata, I believe. So it should
still collect failed osbuildimage tasks, as long as they're part of a
compose. The source for composetracker is at
https://pagure.io/releng/compose-tracker , if you want to see how it
works.

failed-compose tickets are a good way to find *failed* attempts to
build deliverables. If you want to find *successful* ones, my
fedora_nightlies is quite popular -
https://openqa.fedoraproject.org/nightlies.html . That, again, works
off Pungi metadata, so it will find anything that looks like an 'image'
in the mainline Fedora composes (for Rawhide and for Branched, when
Branched exists).

> >  Personally I don't usually have
> > much call for downloading the actual artifact from Koji - I'd usually
> > get it from the compose - but maybe you have a workflow where it's
> > important?
> >

> I've regularly used the images produced at
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/builds?type=image&order=-build_id for
> doing live system testing for package updates and other changes where I
> don't have a local install already available. It's really nice to have
> these artifacts so easily understandable and accessible. Maybe my workflow
> is off, but having such artifacts available has been super useful.

Unless I'm missing something, the nightlies page above should help you.
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA