On Wed, 2024-01-31 at 13:07 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
> In such case, I might be able to catch this in gdb, right? Maybe with
> a breakpoint in the `kill` function, and any other?

Okay, I tried with the following (more variants, just in case):

   gdb evolution \
        --ex "b kill" \
        --ex "b exit" \
        --ex "b __kill" \
        --ex "b _kill" \
        --ex "b _exit" \
        --ex "b pidfd_send_signal" \
        --ex "b tkill if sig==9" \
        --ex r

and it did not catch any of these. The last lines are:

   [Thread 0x7fffd92006c0 (LWP 3086) exited]
   [New process 3080]

   Program terminated with signal SIGKILL, Killed.
   The program no longer exists.
   (gdb)

which may or may not mean it is sent by a different function, I guess.
I cannot tell how much time was between the kill signal and the "[New
process 3080]" line.

        Bye,
        Milan