I don't really want to get involved in this discussion. I don't use KDE, I
don't even use Fedora Desktop anymore. But there is one argument resp. strategy
that triggers me:

> Am 07.02.2024 um 10:44 schrieb Michel Lind <sali...@fedoraproject.org>:
>

> - KDE SIG likely also want people to test Wayland, so defaulting to the
>  X11 packages being removed makes sense here

If KDE Sig wants to attract users to Wayland, then the only good strategy is to
make Wayland better than the previous way (i.e. Xorg) and promote that fact
actively. Then people will be motivated to switch by themselves. Simply banning
or deleting something will only alienate people and they will switch in
frustration to another alternative, i.e. distribution in our case. This is a
simple fact that can be found in all behavioral and political sciences.

Unfortunately, some Fedora maintainers seem to take their cue from the
missionaries and conquistadors of the 16th and 17th centuries and try fire and
sword and coercion. A bad strategy in a free world.

If I remember Matthew's Fedora status report on Flock last year correctly, the
download and user numbers of Fedora Desktop are/were declining. Perhaps this is
another reason to think about appropriate strategies.

--
Peter Boy
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pboy

Timezone: CET (UTC+1) / CEST (UTC+2)

Fedora Server Edition Working Group member
Fedora Docs team contributor and board member
Java developer and enthusiast