On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 8:27 PM, Adam Williamson <awill...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 20:16 +0200, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
>
>> FHS does not require every RPM package to not add arbitrary
>> directories, but Fedora packaging guidelines do.  We have a packaging
>> standard.  This change violates that packaging standard, so there are
>> three possibilities:
>
> Can you cite this guideline? All I can find is a requirement that
> "Fedora packages must follow the FHS" - which is a somewhat vague
> requirement, and doesn't seem to be clarified.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Filesystem_Layout

What more would you want?  "Fedora packages must follow the FHS. 'Must
follow' means that if you don't follow it you violate it?"

(Yes, this apparently requires that the data should be in /var/run,
and the data really can't be there.  Still, that's a reason to fix the
packaging standard, not to ignore it.)
    Mirek