On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 5:14 AM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040...@freenet.de> wrote:
> With Gnome3 you 1stly have to tick on "Applications" (located left top
> on the screen), then hit this tiny scroll bar located ca. 1 in/2cm left
> of the right screen (not an easy task - Requires travelling almost the
> whole screen), then to navigate down several pages to find the
> applications your are looking for. When doing so, you often you are
> getting lost in non-self explanatory icons, with cryptic icon-names
> without tool tips, i.e you are not finding the app you are looking for.

Actually, there's an easier way.  Press the Super key (typically the
one with the logo of another operating system on it), and start typing
the name or description of the app you want to launch. I almost never
spend time scrolling through the list of applications.

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader